home          about me          my photog website          my facebook fan page          contact

7.23.2013

Minnie Mouse Pj's


For at least the last 3 years, we've had a ritual with my youngest daughter.
This ritual revolves around one very special set of PJ's 
that were actually hand me downs from her cousin.  
Every night that she chooses to wear them, ever since she was 2 or so...
She comes out of her room squealing with excitement and showing us her tail.
We proceed to try to pull her tail and she runs away,
As she got older and so much smarter, she would often tuck her tail into her pants and "trick"us so we couldn't pull her tail.  
She wears it all through the year, last week in 95 degree weather, she decided to wear them, I never object, because I know a fun little game is about to happen.

Lately though, I've been noticing that she has a harder time getting them on, they are definitely getting a little snug.  Her pants don't reach her feet anymore, and she has to unzip it a little to get the hood to go on.  I have to say, the the day these PJ's don't fit her amy more, a little part of me will be devastated.  She is my youngest, my baby, my last chance at all that is toddlerhood and little and squishy and squealy.  I cannot even begin to imagine how it will feel, that day.  

I love all the silly things our family does, I love how goofy we are, how playful.  
I know that will never change.  


What little rituals do you have with your little ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Faces

The Maternal lens