home          about me          my photog website          my facebook fan page          contact

7.29.2011

Catching up!



I realized how backed up I am (personally)
when I am planning the next vacation
and I haven't even blogged the first one yet!

Early July we went on a much needed family vacation
to Virginia Beach.

No trip is complete in our family unless we find a Cracker Barrel for a breakfast stop
(I seriously will get grumpy if we stop anywhere else,
something about that gift shop and the little triangle game)



We made an overnight stop along the way
to visit our
Nation's Capital.

The girls had never been to Washington so seeing the White House was a big deal!



It was probably 97 degrees and if you have been to DC,
you know you walk pretty much everywhere...
so we did...
with the exception of the 2 littler ones who were riding pretty
in their double Jeep stroller.



Lots of stops for water ice, visiting the National Aquarium
and splashing in sprinklers and fountains
seemed to do the trick
But after many hours of sight seeing,
they couldn't wait to get back to the "big hotel"

We even found this super cool Cathedral!


The next day we packed up and headed to the beach!
The weather was fabulous during the day, but by mid afternoon {everyday}
the thunder would roll in
the skies would open up...
and we would have to run for cover...
So mommy's perfectly planned beach portrait outfits
got pushed back in the closet night after night.

Monday turned to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday,
Wednesday to Thursday...
You get the picture right...
{lol I didn't, lol}


So after whining about it for a long time,
(these outfits were picked for months!)
I mean a really long time,
I eventually got over it (not really)

We found lots of other cool stuff to do
Including an awesome petting zoo
where the girls were taught how to catch chickens.


Anyone who knows me, knows my irrational fear of chickens
so being chased by my 3 children and certain family members holding chickens
was not exactly my idea of fun.
I haven't seen any youtube videos of it yet, so I think I'm safe at this point.


So long story short...
We had a great time,
We didn't get our beach picture
We are going back to the beach next month
It better not thunder and rain!

The outfits will again be packed!
Gotta give a girl credit for persistence!

Here's to what's left of summer!
Let's make it a great one!
Hugs,
Janet




No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Faces

The Maternal lens