home          about me          my photog website          my facebook fan page          contact

11.16.2010

Black & White Wednesday - Friends

My oldest daughter sleeps with a pillow that has a picture insert

It was given to her as a gift by a dear friend

In that insert, she has this tattered picture



I had to scan it (film days) carefully because it has already been taped once...

This is a picture of her with her "boys" a few years later
(also a scan)




They can go months without seeing each other
But when they do, they jump into each other's arms
Although the boys are identical,
She has always been able to tell them apart




And this one, I can just hardly believe.

These little boys have turned into young men

and my own daughter

a little lady.

And they are still just as close as can be.
Their friendship makes me hopeful
and fills my heart with joy


the long road
It's Black & White Wednesday over at Lisa's Blog!

and check out

13 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! My goodness how grown up they look and what a prefect friendship they share. I still see my BFF for lunch every week. We have known each other for 35 years now. That goes to show how old I am!

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. It's amazing to watch them grow...isn't it?

    Blessings and thanks for linking up with lovely photo wednesday.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post - such a sweet memory to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sweet photos of your children!

    Blessings,
    Jill
    www.fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so precious! And that last photo is gorgeous.

    Would you mind adding a link to On Cloud Nine in your post? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. I love watching children have friendship that endure the test of time. What a blessing.

    Love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great bw conversion - great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful progression of photos - LOVE the B & W...awesome portrait of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW BEAUTIFUL!!! I love to see the then and now shots! Gosh, they grow up so darn fast, don't they?

    Hope you are well and seriously, call me with your questions. I might have to keep it brief or possibly call you back, but I am happy to help:)

    Good luck this weekend~

    xoxo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. just about made me shed a tear...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I heart Faces

The Maternal lens