home          about me          my photog website          my facebook fan page          contact

10.17.2010

Strength

What a weekend! I met some amazing people this weekend and there will be many sneak peeks to follow. I want to start with a very special family. With their permission, they have allowed me to share their pictures and their story...

Meet Billy...




His gorgeous eyes don't even begin to tell the story of his life...

This is his amazing family...



Who have seen more suffering in those little eyes than any family should ever have to endure...



And these are the hands that have held his since his battle began, these are the hands that continue to fight, every second of their lives...




Billy is an energetic 3 year old sweetie who was diagnosed at the age of 13 months with Neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer, his mother Dena has since started a non-profit organization "Arms Wide Open" Cancer Foundation to help raise money to help fund research and other means for treating kids like Billy. Please visit her site and see for yourself what an amazing family this is. I consider myself lucky to have met the Sherwoods this weekend and to have them allow me into their lives.

Hold your babies close tonight and give them extra hugs and kisses as you lay them down, and then say a prayer, for Billy and his family and for your own, and most of all, give thanks for the loved ones in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Faces

The Maternal lens